Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem using FFT-class in my own written block

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem using FFT-class in my own written block
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:30:45 -0500

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote my own block in C++, and used gr-modtool to do all the 'things'
> around it as described in the tutorial "Out-of-tree modules".
>
> I included 'fft/fft.h' in the C++ source code of the block, and used the
> class 'fft_complex'. Then after:
>
>    cmake ../
>    make
>
> everything compiles/builds without error, and after:
>
>    make install
>
> the block is available in GNU Radio Companion.
>
> However, when trying to run a design using this block, I get the following
> error:
>
>    ImportError /usr/local/libgnuradio-MY_MODULE.so: undefined symbol:
> fft_complex
>
> I tried executing "sudo ldconfig" but this doesn't solve the problem. So,
> does anybody know how to solve this? Please note:
>
>    * I use a USB-stick environment by Ettus Research, GNU C++ version 4.7.2
>    * I am an absolute beginner regarding Linux and GNU Radio etc. So if
> files need to be modified please let me know which files, where it should
> (can) be located etc...
>
> Thanks for reading,
>
>    Jeroen

Jeroen,

That tutorial you mentioned doesn't give you the whole picture about
configuring your OOT module with different needs like yours. Also read
through this one:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OutOfTreeModulesConfig

And note the subtle change between 3.7.2 versus later (currently only
on git) versions. You're going to have to go in and edit your
CMakeLists.txt files in both the root directory of your OOT module and
the lib directory. Right now, what's likely happening is that you
aren't linking against the libraries you need. This tutorial will
explain how to find and link against libgnuradio-fft.so.

Tom