Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to implement synchronous source block correct

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to implement synchronous source block correctly ?
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 12:35:50 +0100

You exactly reproduced what I was trying to say -- the problem is most
probably that GNU Radio uses the audio device as if it was an actual
audio device. But it's not. The virtualization breaks the "easy to
achieve" real-time needed for audio playback.
Therefore more buffering is necessary. As Martin described, having an
additional layer of buffers can solve audio problems. You did that
with network loopback.
But these problems are only there because VM audio doesn't work like
"real" audio. Still not a GR bug :) Long story short: Don't use your
VM to play audio, if it does not work reliably.

Greetings,
Marcus