Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some issues with Mac OS X (MacPorts) installed Gn

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some issues with Mac OS X (MacPorts) installed GnuRadio
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 08:18:19 -0500

Hi Rickard - I'm glad to hear of your successes with GNU Radio on OSX from
MacPorts.  Wx on OSX is notorious for being slow and taking a lot of CPU time,
and being non-multi-thread friendly.  I often have issues getting any wx GUI
working in "real time" ... I use the Qt GUI when possible since it actually
works, and it provides a much greater feature set.  I wish we could use Qwt 6+,
but that's not the way MacPorts works ... so we're limited to Qwt 5.2.  All of
the warnings and notes you list are normal when running on 10.9 and using wx.
We're working on getting rid of the XInitThreads warning; the rest come from wx
and I certainly have to believe that the wx developers know about this and are
working on it.  So ... I think what this means is that you have a normal GR
install, working about as expected.  Try the Qt GUI if you can use it instead
:) - MLD

--
Michael Dickens, Mac OS X Programmer
Ettus Research Technical Support