[Discuss-gnuradio] Happy New Year!

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Happy New Year!
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:11:20 +0100

Hi everyone,

and a happy new year to you all! The last year was quite eventful for us
in GNU Radio land, and I'm excited to see where this year will take us.
Now that we have an API that's not going to change any time soon, I'm
looking forward to a more stability, which hopefully means more
out-of-tree modules that work for a longer period of time.

We'll be seeing some recurring events in 2014, such as:
- The GNU Radio Conference
- Google Summer of Code
- Hackfests etc.

Possibly the first big event of the year will be FOSDEM in Brussels,
where GNU Radio is a big part of the Software-Defined Radio track.
Admission is free, so if you're in central Europe, make sure not to miss it!

Our developer calls will also continue as usual; the first call is
January 16th, the usual time.

On a personal note, as you might have guessed from my email adress, I am
now an employee of Ettus Research. This means I can continue my job as
Community Manager for GNU Radio, which I am very happy about.
My old email address at KIT will become obsolete soon, so please purge
that from your address books.

All the best,

Martin