Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gaussian elimination or matrix inversion (solving

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gaussian elimination or matrix inversion (solving a linear system) in GNURADIO
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 16:29:34 +0200

Hi,

Do a search on "FEM", Finite Element Method.
Today there are tons of example code using Gaussian elimination.

My Masters Thesis (1990:s) was solving any 2D/3D Trusses using FEM.
It took me less than 50 lines of C code and could solve >20k unknowns.

Note: The matrix will be 1/2 full of zeros. To save mem and computing
time use the "Band matrix" method. Singular if the (top-left ->
bottom->right) diagonal include zero values.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_matrix

Good luck,
Patrik