Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some problems with library path when running test

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some problems with library path when running test and proposed fix
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 08:59:20 -0500

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Volker Schroer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> just for clarification:
>
> My CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX points to a non existing directory at build and test
> time. The libraries used depend on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings that point
> to an existing installation.
>
> In my case, I can avoid the problems by unsetting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It
> seems that in such a case the libs in the build directory are found.  But I
> suppose that this could not be a general solution as in some cases other
> important libraries like boost may be found be means of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> I agree that my patch is not a general solution for this problem, but only a
> starting point.
> A general solution could be to prepend the required test libraries to the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH as I did it in my patch for the volk lib.
>
> -- Volker

Hey Volker,

When submitting patches, it's best to:

a) separate the patches to identify the specific purpose. In your
case, there's a patch to fix your QWT problem and another for the VOLK
library tests.

b) It's also best to submit this either on our issue tracker or as a
pull request on github; otherwise, it's likely that this will be
forgotten before the issue is fully resolved or missed entirely.

Thanks,
Tom