Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some thoughts on out of tree modules and cmake fi

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some thoughts on out of tree modules and cmake files
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 13:36:40 +0100

Also, usually to build an OOT-Module you shouldn't need the whole GR
tree, but only the headers that had been used to build the
gnuradio-libraries as well as the libraries to link against.

So, when introducing another external dependency for OOT modules we
kind of make packaging harder. I don't know if it's worth the effort;
then, again, I've never built any gnuradio-devel (or the like) fedora
or debian/ubuntu package. It certainly would not hurt a development
machine badly to install the CMake modules.
Then, again, it would be preferable to have these modules installed
somewhere where CMake would automatically look for them, calling for a
package gnuradio-cmake-modules (or something of the like) on its own.

Greetings,
Marcus