[Discuss-gnuradio] Equalization using channel estimates

From: Mohammed Karmoose
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Equalization using channel estimates
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 16:51:43 +0200

Dear All,

I'm trying to perform a simple way of equalization in OFDM transmission. I extracted the coefficients provided by the OFDM channel estimation block, and sent them back to the transmitter using a TCP socket.

Are these coefficients valid to use in equalization, i.e., can I divide the transmitted symbols by the corresponding channel coefficients, and therefore achieve an almost unity channel taps?

Thank you

Mohammed Hassan Karmoose
Teaching Assistant, Electrical Engineering Dept.
Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University
Al-Horeya Rd, El-Hadara, Alexandria, Egypt - 21544
Tel: ++203-592-1852 | Fax: ++203-592-1853
Email: m.h.karmoose@ieee.org
Website: www.mkarmoose.com