[Discuss-gnuradio] Control Port, Perf Mon for GRC - errors

From: Tom McDermott
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Control Port, Perf Mon for GRC - errors
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 20:10:19 -0800 (PST)

Having some issues with Control Port and Perf Mon in GRC.

1. Built Latest Gnuradio 3.7.2 from git.
    enabled performance counters in the cmake command line
    cmake ../ -DENABLE_PERFORMANCE_COUNTERS=On
    then successful make, install, ldconfig, and gnuradio runs fine.

2. Edited the  gnuradio-runtime-conf file to enable PerfCounters and
  ControlPort, Edges.

3. Installed zeroc-ice (ver 3.4).

If I add both a ControlPort Complex Probe and a CtrlPort Monitor, get the
following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "home/tom//mod_phasing_test.py", line 17, in <module>
    from gnuradio.ctrlport.monitor import *
ImportError: No module named ctrlport.monitor

If I delete the CtrlPort Monitor, leaving only the probe, I get the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tom/mod_phasing_test.py", line 231, in <module>
    tb = mod_phasing_test()
  File "/home/tom/mod_phasing_test.py", line 144, in __init__
    self.blocks_ctrlport_probe_c_0 = blocks.ctrlport_probe_c("constellation", "Constellation Points")
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ctrlport_probe_c'

Are there other configuration steps needed? Does zeroc-ice need to be configured in some manner?

-- Tom, N5EG