Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC2014 Turbo Equalizer

From: Jan Krämer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC2014 Turbo Equalizer
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:38:35 +0100

On 25.02.2014 19:09, Martin Braun wrote:
On 02/25/2014 04:39 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
Just FYI, the gr-trellis has implementations of all these components you
suggested.

One interesting project is to take the core algorithms of gr-trellis
(Viterbi and SISO) and make them threaded for multi-core
(eg, by parallelizing forward/backward recursions, or by parallelizing
using overlapping subblocks, etc)
Jan,

gr-trellis would be a good place to start looking, but there's still
enough to do between gr-trellis and a fully working, optimized,
real-time capable Parallel log-map-siso turbo equalizer. When you write
a proposal, make sure you've had a look at gr-trellis beforehand.

Hi,

Thanks to all for their input. I will have a look at gr-trellis but this definitely sounds like something I'd like to work on! Achilleas, I'd be happy to exchange ideas about parallelizing the SiSo and Viterbi algorithms in gr-trellis.

Jan