[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP-1 and 4ch receiver?

From: Mamoru Yamamoto
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP-1 and 4ch receiver?
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 04:17:05 +0900

Mr. Marcus Mueller,

Thank you very much for suggestions.  I have some more questions.

1) I searched for the GNU Radio mailing-list archive and found a discussion

Subject:  [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 4 Channel Subdev Issue
Date:  Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:07:55 -0800 (PST)

Then it would be possible to organize a 4-ch RX with USRP-1.  (Some
limitation is reported here, too.)  But as you suggest, we can use only
real (one) input for each frequency.  Also I need to prepare the
downward frequency conversion by our selves.  Careful additional
hardware design is necessary.  I know this is not easy.

2) Your suggestion of "2 x B210" is very interesting.  A good thing is
that the frequency conversion is included in the board.  But I want to
know how to run 2 USRP boards from one application program.  Is there an
example?  If possible I want to use GNU Radio Python code, but is this
possible?  If not, do we need to control from C++?  In my application
"phase coherency" across all inputs are necessary.  "timing
synchronization" is not necessary.

3) One more question.  If 2) is possible, is it possible to run "2 x
USRP-1" from a single application on a single PC?

Regards,

--
Mamoru Yamamoto / RISH, Kyoto University
address@hidden

8 Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 09:41:38 +0200 From: Marcus M?ller