Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GNURADIO on ODROID-XU UBUNTU 1

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GNURADIO on ODROID-XU UBUNTU 12.04LTS
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:34:53 -0400

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Simone Ciccia S210664 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to install gnuradio with Build Gnuradio Script on ODROID-XU .
First of all, when the script looks for libraries, a first error occurs for

libqwtplot3d-qt4-dev, and it seems that there is no package available for
ODROID-XU.
Failed to find package 'libqwtplot3d-qt4-dev' in known package repositories
Perhaps you need to add the Ubuntu universe or multiverse PPA?
see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu
exiting build

Anyway, I overcame this problem just eliminating the control of this
library in the build-gnuradio script and therefore without installing it.
Which GNURADIO characteristics have I lost without having installed this
library???

Then, a second error, this happens when the script runs "make" for
installing gnuradio!
In this case the error is related to the volk library as reported in the
following:
[  4%] Building CXX object volk/lib/CMakeFiles/test_all.dir/qa_utils.cc.o
Linking CXX executable test_all
libvolk.so.0.0.0: undefined reference to
`volk_16i_max_star_horizontal_16i_neonasm'
libvolk.so.0.0.0: undefined reference to
`volk_32fc_x2_multiply_32fc_neonasm'
libvolk.so.0.0.0: undefined reference to
`volk_32fc_32f_dot_prod_32fc_a_neonasm'
libvolk.so.0.0.0: undefined reference to `volk_32f_x2_dot_prod_32f_neonasm'
libvolk.so.0.0.0: undefined reference to
`volk_32f_x2_dot_prod_32f_neonasm_opts'
libvolk.so.0.0.0: undefined reference to
`volk_32fc_32f_dot_prod_32fc_a_neonpipeline'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [volk/lib/test_all] Error 1
make[1]: *** [volk/lib/CMakeFiles/test_all.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
make failed
Exiting Gnu Radio build/install

Anyone have some idea or know another way to install gnuradio on this
system?
All comments are useful,
thanks you at all!

Check out the Native Compiling section here:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Embedded

You have to add some flags to the compiler to get the system to recognize the NEON assembly files.

We'll hopefully figure out a better way to support this in the future.

Tom