Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADS-B on Mac 10.9 - possible linking error

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADS-B on Mac 10.9 - possible linking error
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:51:04 +0200

Hi Alan,

On 23 Sep 2014, at 13:19, Alan Woodward <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to build and use gr_air_modes built from
> https://github.com/bistromath/gr-air-modes.  But the command
>
> sudo ldconfig
>
> is not available on Mac 10.9.5.  When I execute the modes_rx command I get
> the following:
>
> sudo /usr/local/bin/modes_gui
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/bin/modes_gui", line 30, in <module>
>    import air_modes
> ImportError: No module named air_modes

Python cannot find find the module, so you might have to adapt you PYTHONPATH
to include the folder where air_modes is installed (something like
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages). Then you will most likely run into
problems with shared libraries that can be fixed like this

https://github.com/bastibl/gr-air-modes/commit/c1379fa5979fadd296e8be03634c1a561384b424

If you run it and it segfaults assert (with cmake) that you use the python
libraries from port which are typically installed under /opt/local. By default
it selects the libs from OS X.

Best,
Bastian