Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC 3.6 / 802.11 a/g test signal

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC 3.6 / 802.11 a/g test signal
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 19:56:21 +0200

Hi,

On 04 Oct 2014, at 15:50, Ernest Szczepaniak <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First of all, much love for your reply (it made my day).
>
> So i started with sent frame [2]. And my receiver gives some nice results:
>
> - found OFDM symbol
> - aquired time synchronization
> - Shmidl/Cox says that there is no frequency offset (so it is good for no
> noise frame)
> - SIGNAL field is modulated with BPSK 6 Mbps (correct) and it says that:
>    - rest of the data is modulated with BPSK 6Mbps
>    - coderate is 1/2
>    - 1 bit per carrier
>    - 364 octets of data (is that correct?)
>    - reserved field, parity bit and tail bits seems to be fine.
>
> Further MAC decoding says that:
> - descrambler initial state is [0 1 0 1 0 1 1] (correct?)
> - 16 zeros in SERVICE field (7 for desrcambler synchro and 9 reserved - seems
> to be correct)
> - according to standard this is a PNC Selection (PNCS) frame type with retry
> ([0 0 0 1] in frame type field) is that correct?

my decoder says:

new mac frame  (length 360)
duration: 00 00
frame control: 00 08 (DATA)
Subtype: Data
seq nr: 0
mac 1: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
mac 2: 23:23:23:23:23:23
mac 3: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello
World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello
World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello
World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello
World!Hello World!Hello World!Hello World!

It does not contain a LLC, just a MAC header. It is BPSK 1/2 encoded. I guess
the initial scrambler state was 0b0101010 (=42) and it is a data frame.

Best,
Bastian