Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX2 and GRC

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX2 and GRC
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 18:39:04 -0400

On Oct 3, 2014, at 7:30 PM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

If you put your flow-graph itself (.grc file) somewhere, or attach it, we can take a better look.

What kind of comptuer?  (OS, CPU/MEM specifics, etc).

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator

Hi Marcus,

    Thanks.   The .grc file is attached.      Other details:

    o Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8400  @ 3.00GHz
    o Memory 3GB
    o OS 14.1 Ubuntu

Cheers,
Dan

I've attached updates to your graph that should make it behave more rationally:

2Msps sample rate -- consistent with your programmed 1.7MHz analog bandwidth
Deleted antenna spec in source block--it contained invalid specification
Made the device address spec valid
Moved things into user-changable variables:  freq and gain
Made both source and FFT use the "samp_rate" variable, so changing that variable will change both source and FFT sink
Made FFT sink turn on averaging, and use "freq" variable to set center frequency

I'd suggest looking it over carefully, and comparing against what you originally had.