[Discuss-gnuradio] Circular dependency caught in sort_variables only Str

From: Murray Thomson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Circular dependency caught in sort_variables only String type
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 09:39:35 +0100

Hi,

I'm getting this error with string type variables using gnuradio 3.7.5 and I cannot figure out how to solve it. I'm using a normal variable plus a config variable in this way:

Variable:
   id: variable_A
   value: config_variable_A

Variable Config:
   id: config_variable_A
   WriteBack: variable_A

This way the variable reads the config file at the start and the variable config writes the latest value of the variable at the end. It works very well with Integers.

When I change the Config variable type to "String" and I generate the flow graph, I get the error:

Generate Error: circular dependency caught in sort_variables

Could anyone please help me to get this behaviour for a String type variable please?

Thank you,
Murray