Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Downsampling in GNURadio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Downsampling in GNURadio
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 23:55:55 +0200

Hi Khalid,

if you happen to do the same filter for a larger set of subbands, look into the polyphase filters:
http://www.trondeau.com/examples/2014/1/23/pfb-channelizers-and-synthesizers.html

The question which method is the computationally best cannot be answered universally; in essence: go ahead and try.
This is a really large sampling rate factor, so I assume a direct FIR filter will have a shipload of taps. You can try and compare the FFT-Filter with a cascade of smaller ones.

The question of "what filter is right for me" is as scientific as it is religious. There's no way to know unless you know the spectrum you want to get.

Greetings,
Marcus