Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building with MSVC v16

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building with MSVC v16
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 20:37:13 +0200

"Tom Rondeau" <address@hidden> wrote:

Just to begin with, we do not currently have good support and testing for
Windows systems and are actively discussing how to handle this OS. I
believe that any support for Windows at all, such as through the current
binaries provided by Ettus Research, require VS 2012 or something (really
not sure, but I believe later than what you're using).

I use VS 2010 and Ettus, yes seems to be using VS 2012. I fail to see why
VS 2010 isn't good enough. It was little tweaking to get it to work.

No they add nothing and I'm not a fan of them. My guess is that some of it
was that code was prototyped in Python and converted over to C++ and these
were carried along with it. It's a hard thing to grep for, but I'll be
patching a few of the cases that I found.

Adding a "#include <iso646.h>" to my specially crafted "config.h" fixed that.
GCC includes that unconditionally (thanks to Josh Blum for tipping me on that).

--gv