[Discuss-gnuradio] Sub-classing a block defined in an _impl class

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sub-classing a block defined in an _impl class
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:03:55 +0200

Hello,

this question my arise from my ignorance about C++, but I don't
understand how, if it is possible, to sub-class a GNURadio block that
has moat of his code in an _impl class.

To my understanding I would need to subclass both the class defining the
block and his _impl class. However, it seems that the _impl class is not
part of the exposed API, therefore there is no way to subclass it. There
is way to achieve this without copying around significant portions of code?

The case at hand is subclassing gr::analog::pll_carriertracking_cc
changing the phase_detector() method to use the regular atan2() instead
of the fast version.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Daniele