Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on how to derive a class in an out-of-tr

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question on how to derive a class in an out-of-tree module based on a gnuradio class
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 10:32:55 -0400

Zhe, every single developer who has ever written for GnuRadio runs into this particular swig necessity and searches like mad, certain it is done...

Congrats.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Zhe Feng <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Marcus, Martin and Bastian,

Thanks for your help!

You are right, it's a linker error, the reason is absolutely what Martin mentioned that I didn't refer the header files I used i.e packet_header_default.h in my swig file.
I checked Bastian's swig file and made this class working as expected!

Thanks again!
Best,
Zhe

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 6:39 AM, Bastian Bloessl <address@hidden> wrote:

On 07 Oct 2014, at 12:02, Bastian Bloessl <address@hidden> wrote:

> I did that in gr-ieee802-11 and IIRC I had to define GR_API in the swig config

arg, sorry! I had to #define DIGITAL_API and include packet_header_default.h

> https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11/blob/master/swig/ieee802_11_swig.i#L18

I think that I also had some problems with the swig bindings without those includes and defines.

Zhe Feng

Electrical Engineering: System

University of Michigan Ann Arbor

Tel: 734-834-3188