Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Get a pointer to UHD Sink from other block in flo

From: Koslowski, Sebastian (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Get a pointer to UHD Sink from other block in flow graph
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:11:57 +0200

On 10/16/2014 12:41 PM, David Halls wrote:
> Is there any way to get a pointer to a UHD sink block from another
> block in a flow graph, such that I can read from the time registers of
> a USRP?

Depends how you're building your flow-graph: In Python, simply pass a
reference to your UHD block object to your block.
In GRC, there is no way to reference another block id in a block's
params. Try this patch, if you want that [0]. Else, you could
assume a fixed uhd sink block id and add that to your blocks XML's make
template.

Sebastian

[0]
https://github.com/skoslowski/gnuradio/commit/c90e2ddf1cea38ee2400ef56b234758048d980bf

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Sebastian Koslowski
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-46275
Fax:   +49 721 608-46071
Email: address@hidden
Web:   http://www.cel.kit.edu/

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and National Research
Center of the Helmholtz Association