Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help accessing fft bins in python script

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help accessing fft bins in python script
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:44:43 -0400

The vector sink is for debugging only.  Don't use it in production code, because there's no convenient way to

  vacuum it out, so it grows without bound.

When I've had this problem, I use a vector-probe block, and have a function probe running at a couple of Hz,

  and then leverage the dependency-tree evaluator to have my own function called with the result of the

  function probe.  There are other ways, that's the one I personally find most convenient. But there are message

  queues and sundry other methods as well.