Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Source Block - Flow Control

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Source Block - Flow Control
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 14:42:13 -0700

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 8:40 AM, John Malsbury <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm happy this is working for you, David.  So do I understand correctly, that the adding tx_time finally made the MIMO case work?

I'd never done burst transmission with multiple USRP outputs.  I'm not totally surprised but I wasn't sure what would happen.

Maybe someone from Ettus can comment on this?  Since UHD is trying to do time alignment in the multi_usrp class, what happens to time alignemt in the non-continuous-streaming case if you *don't* include a tx_time tag?

Noncontinuous streaming means there is some amount of down time.  If you don't include tx_time tags, the device doesn't know when to start back up again, so each antenna is going to start at a different time.

Matt