[Discuss-gnuradio] Adding offset to frequency messsage?

From: madengr
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Adding offset to frequency messsage?
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 14:43:45 -0700 (MST)

I'm using the freq message output of the QT GUI Frequency Sink to drive the
freq message input of the Frequency Translating FIR Filter.  Since I have
set the the Center Frequency of the QT Frequency Sink to 7E6 Hz, that means
I need to subtract that value before I send it to the channelizer so it only
falls between -Fs/2 and +Fs/2.

I tried converting the message to float via PDU to Tagged Stream but that
does not work:

thread[thread-per-block[1]: <block pdu_to_tagged_stream (8)>]: pmt_length:
wrong_type : 7.12348e+06

Is there a proper way to do this, i.e. convert to float, add the offset, and
convert back to message?

Or is there a way to do this within the Xlating FIR Filter center frequency
field.

Thanks,
Lou
KD4HSO