[Discuss-gnuradio] Messages getting dropped

From: Felix W.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Messages getting dropped
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 09:43:45 +0100

Hi list,

I have a strange problem with one of my custom blocks. It's a char stream sink with a message output. It basically takes the input stream, selects a few samples, packs them into blobs, makes a pmt::cons out of it and publishes the message.

My original QA flowgraph looked like this:
vector_source_b --> my_custom_block --> pdu_to_tagged_stream --> vector_sink_b

The flowgraph is run with tb.start(); time.sleep(2); tb.stop()

In this setup, I constantly lose the last of the 3 published packets. I made sure that the packets are actually published with a print statement right after the call to message_port_pub().

During debugging, I attached a message_debug block to my_custom_block and now all messages are received, even at the vector sink. There has been no change to the custom block! I can reproduce the packet loss by commenting out the message_debug block.

Any ideas what is happening here?

Felix