Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI on low resolution display

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI on low resolution display
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:25:18 -0500

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Jim Larsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Thank you for your comments Tom. I can make the QT GUI Slider height smaller
by changing the Python statement
from:
Qwt.QwtSlider(None, Qt.Qt.Horizontal, Qwt.QwtSlider.BottomScale,
Qwt.QwtSlider.BgSlot)
to:
Qwt.QwtSlider(None, Qt.Qt.Horizontal, Qwt.QwtSlider.NoScale,
Qwt.QwtSlider.BgSlot)
That may provide enough room below the QT GUI Frequency Sink for the slider
widget.

Great.

I'm tempted to add this as an option in the Range block to show or not show the slider scale. But we still want to get rid of the use of PyQWT in GNU Radio code, so we would likely reimplement this block in C++, anyways, so we can add more options like this at that point.

Meanwhile, if a patch happens to come in....

Tom