Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BFSK

From: Dan CaJacob
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BFSK
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:20:23 -0500

Hi Richard,

I suffered through understanding the quadrature mod/demod block settings a while back.  I provide some links to that information below.  I provide a formula for the settings for both digital and audio applications.  As you can see (from the reading), the settings can be derived from samples-per-symbol and modulation index or deviation and baud rate.  Or just peak deviation and sample rate for audio.

The quadrature demod gain is really just a gain, btw.  If you set it right, your demodulated audio will have unity gain, which is nice/necessary for most of the clock synchronizers.

Wiki Summary: http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/SignalProcessing

Very Respectfully,

Dan CaJacob