Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM and FEC

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM and FEC
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:08:28 -0500

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
Oh wow, I wanted to answer this a while back. Guess I didn't.

First, have you checked out gr-mac? It looks like you're duplicating
those efforts. I know that someone (might have been Tom) has done this
(OFDM + FEC).

One thing I've noticed is that you do FEC->CRC on tx, and FRC->CRC on
rx. You might want to make sure the order is inversed on tx and rx.

Cheers,

Yes, you can check out my fec_gmsk on my fork of gr-mac. This was really just for my testing purposes of the new FEC API that we put into GNU Radio, so it's not very clean. But you might be able to see some of the work done there to get the FEC blocks properly integrated.

The OFDM world is a bit more difficult from what I recall. There isn't an opening in the flowgraph at the right place to put in the FEC encoder and/or decoder. But looking at what I did with the GMSK modems to fit them in might help clue you in there.

Tom