Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio retrictions

From: Mostafa Alizadeh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio retrictions
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:12:41 +0330

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Sylvain Munaut <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please help me find the rational reason!

Because calling "produce" means, "I'm done, go ahead and take those sample".
Don't call it until you are reall done ...

GR is a multi-threaded applications, each work() function is executed
in different threads and as soon as you call produce(), other threads
are signalled that the samples are ready.

Cheers,

   Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

I infer from what you said that what I see is true and logical! In another word, the nitems_written can be updated permanently in the middle of the work's routine. OK

But I still think that this is not logical to update the number of items written before returning from work call.

Thank you,
Mostafa