Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Successful transmission in gr-ieee802-11 with add

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Successful transmission in gr-ieee802-11 with adding extra samples (before OFDM preamble)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 12:39:14 +0100

On 2014-11-29 12:34, Isen I-Chun Chao wrote:
Okay, I got it.

One more quick question.
I have been pretty confused about what the sync long and sync short are,
respectively, responsible for?

Sync short is for frame detection and searches for the cyclic pattern of the short preamble (autocorrelation). Once a (potential) frame is detected, sync long correlates sync_length samples with the long preamble and searches for peaks to align OFDM symbols.

Thanks.

/Best Regards,
Isen I-Chun Chao/

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 6:29 AM, Bastian Bloessl <address@hidden