Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER over air

From: Mostafa Alizadeh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER over air
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 20:39:33 +0330

Hi Marcus,

I did forget to mention the basic premises you've mentioned, thank you for them. All these assumptions can be said in a few words: my proposed approach is applicable when the channel is purely AWGN.

All nonlinear and time variant effects isn't just due to the channel but the RF hardware.

I think, the only satisfactory way to have an estimate of SNR (as you said, signal power to noise) is to find a proper model, also a simple one, for the channel together with the hardware.
Is there any way (like sending and receiving a simple sine wave) to extract this model?

Best,
Mostafa