Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] U's and L's when running GNU Radio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] U's and L's when running GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:07:55 +0100

Hello Khalid,

On 01/12/2015 03:18 PM, khalid.el-darymli wrote:
> Hi Marcus, Hi Sylvain,
>

> Thank you for your response. I continue to get these ULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
> even on a PC with really high specs.
My suspicion is that the ULLL... don't stem from your PC being too slow,
but from the fact that you try to transmit packages in the past.
> Please find below my answers to your questions.
>

>>> Do you use timed_commands?
> Yes, I do. In the python script, I simply use get_time_now() to query
> the times of both the Sink and the Source. Then, I convert this to a
> format understandable to python and I keep hold of the greater time of
> the two, I call it start_delay. Then, using set_start_time(), I make
> sure that both the Sink and the Source start at time start_delay.
>
> Is there any problem with my timed_commands?
That's hard to tell without having a look at your code; would you mind
posting the part where you calculate your command times?

>>> What are your RX and TX sampling rates?
> It's 100e06/256 = 390,625 Hz for both Tx and Rx.
>

>>> From your network throughput, I'd assume your using 4x 3.3MS/s, is that
>>> correct?
> I am using four Rx channels, and just one Tx channel. Based on the NW
> history in the link below,
My brain had a glitch, and I was of by a factor of 10... ah well.

> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2015-01/png5hOoJln6ra.png
>

> My throughput is around 1.6 MB/s for each channel. This is set
> automatically by GNU Radio. Do I need to adjust it?
You can't adjust that :) it's just the data rate induced by the sampling
rate, from which I tried (and failed) to estimate your sampling rate.

Greetings,
Marcus