Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Project enquiry/interest

From: Sajeev Manikkoth
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Project enquiry/interest
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 15:26:13 +0530

Hi Marcus,

Thanks again for the detailed explanation of current access technologies. As
discussed current scheme allows shared access of the channels in time,
frequency, and space. What I am talking is about a full simultaneous
parallel use or access of channel. This is kind of necessity as wireless
bandwidth demands are ever growing and we are hitting spectrum scarcity. The
scheme I am discussing is close to CDMA/MIMO. CDMA base stations already
differentiate handsets using same frequency with signature sequences.
Implementing a similar approach on the handset side also to differentiate
base stations or similar approaches can be in place.

In its simplest form the requirement is to allow 2 FM stations using same
frequency in a location area. And the receivers tune to the station names to
enjoy different music rather than just to the frequency ! Nothing new as a
concept, limitations to achieve this reasons we have all the existing
implementations, but 100s of years of engineering fineness. Now this should
be possible with soft transceivers using today's digital radio techniques
combined with soft techniques...

Thanks and Regards,
Sajeev Manikkoth