Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2/Gnuradio - satellite application

From: Abdeslam Bourkane
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2/Gnuradio - satellite application
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 22:27:16 +0200

Hi,

@Marcus : Yes I have already the formulas ad now trying to implement in C++. The problem I have is I need the output from the "USRP source" as number for instaance and then apply formuas and again show it in time axis. I will go back again to the s first chapter maybe I miss something.
@Sylvain : Yes that's true from the "USRP source" I need the value as a dBm or dB. The calibration part will do it after getting the value from the source then I will derive the attenuation from noise within formuals. I already did the link budget need just now to values from the source.

Thank you and best regards
Abdeslam

Abdeslam Bourkane

On 1 June 2015 at 08:29, Sylvain Munaut <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

> The problem I have is when using the blocks in gnuradio how to retrieve the
> signal power

You mean you want the signal power as a dBm value ?

Just won't happen ... Too many things in the chain, you'd have to
calibrate it for a specific freq / board / gain / temp / phase of the
moon / ...

Cheers,

   Sylvain