Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Front Panel GPIO on Ettus X310

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Front Panel GPIO on Ettus X310
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 17:10:04 -0700

Hey Frank,

multi_usrp is exactly what the GNU Radio blocks use under the hood.
However, multi_usrp is *not* SWIGged -- which means you can't access
multi_usrp from Python. I believe that's what's triggering your error
message. get_device() can only be called on your USRP blocks using C++.

Now, if you *were* to use C++, I'd recommend having a look at the 'gpio'
example in UHD. It shows how to map ATRs to GPIOs, which sounds like
what you're trying to do.

I can see how these GPIO functions would be useful in a swigged fashion,
though, and maybe even available by command tag. We should get them onto
master.