Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined symbol: _ZNK7QwtPlot5printEP8QPainterRK

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] undefined symbol: _ZNK7QwtPlot5printEP8QPainterRK5QRectRK18QwtPlotPrintFilter
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:43:00 -0400

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 7:58 AM, John Murphy <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

New machine with new Kubuntu 15 install, new build-gnuradio install on that system.

Had some install issues with a prereq lib that required a force-overwrite to a deb archive. But seemed to progress normally after that was fixed. Also had a warning regarding a missing libzmqt(?) dev package which seems to be something build-gnuradio does under (k)ubuntu 15. But everything built, and afterwards I was also able to build and install my OOT stuff without anything unusual.

But when I attempt to actually run any of my flowgraphs in GRC I get the following crash (back to GRC) message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jmurphy/MyGNUradioFiles/multi_file_playback.py", line 23, in <module>
    from gnuradio import qtgui
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/qtgui/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
    from qtgui_swig import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/qtgui/qtgui_swig.py", line 28, in <module>
    _qtgui_swig = swig_import_helper()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/qtgui/qtgui_swig.py", line 24, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_qtgui_swig', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-qtgui-3.7.7.1.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: _ZNK7QwtPlot5printEP8QPainterRK5QRectRK18QwtPlotPrintFilter

Any idea what I might need to do in order to get this working? Steps to troubleshoot further?

Thanks,
John

What prereq lib did you have problems with?

And any time you have to over rule what you package manager is doing, things tend to go badly.

Tom