Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fw: pybombs-gnuradio-install-missing files

From: Handy Kirk
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fw: pybombs-gnuradio-install-missing files
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 12:47:43 +0000 (UTC)

Have now installed a new KDE64 in a new partition. When installing using src only option, the install insists on fetching Python 2.6.  No change from my earlier testing.

Then I decided to explore using rpm,src option, as I wanted to see if this would attempt to search the installation database to find acceptable file versions.

I am just showing a snippet from the python install, the local rpm ignored

* gnuradio
install rpm called (python)
rpm is not available locally   < -----------  ============= :: how is this tested

---------------------
Here is the details of the locally installed python
address@hidden gert]# rpm -qa python
python-2.7.9-1pclos2015
address@hidden gert]#

---------------------

check remote repositories...
Installing from source: python
--2015-06-26 15:04:48-- http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.6.4/Python-2.6.4.tar.bz2
Resolving www.python.org (www.python.org)... 103.245.222.223I have now got anew KDE64 PCLinuxOS installation to work with. I have experimented with several installs and got a bit more understanding of how I the ink it must be working.

As it can be seen the python will be found from external location.

Question:  Where is the determination made that local rpm not good enough.  Is this in the file: /sandbox-3/pybombs/mod_pybombs/sysutils.py?

handy

That's very strange behavior to install Python 2.6. The dependency tree must have identified that for some other package it was installing. This is, of course, the problem with trying to use a general build overlay system like PyBOMBS on top of the OS's package manager: there are so many of these distros out there and they all behave differently.

Tom