[Discuss-gnuradio] Wrong ELF Class: ELFCLASS32 (Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit)

From: Ben Peiffer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wrong ELF Class: ELFCLASS32 (Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 11:23:08 -0500

Hello,

I am having trouble installing GNURadio on Ubuntu 14.04, 64-bit edition.  I
have used the information from the gnuradio install wiki to install using
apt-get:

        sudo apt-get -y install git-core cmake g++ python-dev swig \
        pkg-config libfftw3-dev libboost1.55-all-dev libcppunit-dev libgsl0-dev
\
        libusb-dev libsdl1.2-dev python-wxgtk2.8 python-numpy \
        python-cheetah python-lxml doxygen libxi-dev python-sip \
        libqt4-opengl-dev libqwt-dev libfontconfig1-dev libxrender-dev \
        python-sip python-sip-dev

When running the gnuradio-companion app I get the standard error telling me
“Could not load GNURadio, Check LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PYTHONPATH”
When I echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I get /usr/local/lib
When I echo $PYTHONPATH, I get /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

When I run python from the command line and run “from gnuradio import gr” I get
the error:
        ImportError:
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/_gnuradio_core_runtime.so:
wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32.

I think this is a 32/64-bit issue but I am not sure how to resolve it.  When I
build my own library and do “import howto” from python, everything seems to
work fine.

Any help would be appreciated!
-Ben