Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mouse/keyboard events not working raspberry pi 2

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mouse/keyboard events not working raspberry pi 2
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 10:09:49 -0500

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 1:24 AM, Patrick Sathyanathan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Tom,

Thanks much, that was exactly what was happening ! I tried with a sample rate of 250k and the window responds just fine to keyboard/mouse. That's great since I don't know much about keyboard/mouse event handling and was dreading having to debug it.

The Raspberry pi 2 has a quad core processor and as long as the flow-graph does not take more than ~25-28% CPU (one entire processor) with nothing else running the GUI window responds fine. Go above that and it stops responding.

I am new to the Pi 2 and having seen this issue reported on the Pi 2 forums thought it was an obscure software bug.

--Patrick

Patrick,

Great! Glad to hear it. The RPi2 is a much more capable machine than the RPi was, but still limited, especially when running a GUI and a bunch of math signal processing. It'll probably take a bit to understand those limitations -- and then work to help improve them :)

Tom