Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus E310 FM Radio

From: John B. Wood
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ettus E310 FM Radio
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 11:02:38 -0500

On 11/06/2015 02:27 PM, Ron Economos wrote:
There is a stereo FM receiver in gr-rds. If you delete the RDS specific blocks in the example flow graph (gr-rds/apps/rds_rx.grc), you don't even have to compile gr-rds.

https://github.com/bastibl/gr-rds

Ron
Thanks for that link, Ron. The person who constructed rds_rx_grc certainly expended some effort, IMO. The flow graph is considerably more involved than the wideband FM (monaural) receiver example that comes packaged with GRC. I deleted the RDS blocks and this modified flow graph does work with the E310. The fidelity of the audio would be very good except there's a lot of noise coming through. I don't have this with the mono example. There may be some opportunity for noise clean-up once I absorb what's going on with the flow diagram. Sincerely,

                                                        John B. Wood
U.S. Maval Research Laboratory
                                                        Code 5520