Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK] Test-case behaviour

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK] Test-case behaviour
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 22:29:53 -0500

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Stefan Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:
Aaaah I solved it. Never ever write in a VOLK kernel to your input
buffer! This throws no errors but it fails during the ctest. So I
suppose the first test compares the output and the second one the input
buffers?

Greetings
Stefan

Ah, interesting. This is something we should take up in the VOLK working group. We don't claim or not claim that you can use the same memory for the input and output buffers. Some kernels are known to work with these inplace operations. Looks like this one doesn't. Perhaps just testing and knowing which kernels do and do not support this and protect those that do not as const (which can be easily gotten around) and saying as much in the kernel's documentation.

Though for some reason I feel like I'm misunderstanding something. Also, Nathan will probably have more to say on this issue.

Tom