Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs cross-compile mako error

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pybombs cross-compile mako error
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:42:08 -0700

> Arg, I forgot you are using rfnoc :) Sorry.
> The latest e310 files with rfnoc are here:
> http://files.ettus.com/e3xx_images/alpha/fido-rfnoc-test/
> You could also update the release-3 image to have rfnoc also.

So here is where things ended up.  The default E310 load from OCT (in
the link above) doesn't seem to work with the "RFNOC: Radio" block in
the most recent GR.  In particular the set_rx_dc_offset attribute seems
to be missing from the load on the E310.

What I ended up doing was to update the E310 with an updated
cross-compiled build via pybombs.  The following are the steps I took in
case it helps someone:
*mkdir ~/E310
*sshfs -o allow_root address@hidden:/ ~/E310

Now I have a folder that is linked to the E310.  Next I update UHD with:
*.
/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/environment-setup-armv7ahf-vfp-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi
* cd ~/pybombs/src/uhd/host/
*mkdir build-arm && cd build-arm
*cmake
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/home/jason/pybombs/src/uhd/host/cmake/Toolchains/oe-sdk_cross.cmake
-DENABLE_E300=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
*make -j4
*sudo make install DESTDIR=~/E310

Then to update gr-ettus I:
*cd ~/pybombs/src/gr-ettus/
*mkdir build-arm && cd build-arm
*cmake
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/home/jason/pybombs/src/uhd/host/cmake/Toolchains/oe-sdk_cross.cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
*make -j4
*make install DESTDIR=~/E310

I then rebooted the E310 and my python script with the set_rx_dc_offset
doesn't seem to cause an issue anymore.  If there are some simpler steps
to my convoluted update setup, please let me know.

~Jason