Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] decoding a AM Signal into a sequence of bits

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] decoding a AM Signal into a sequence of bits
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 22:55:42 +0100

Hi Rebecca,

for OOK, this sounds like the right thing to do; but: have you tried removing the complex to mag block? MM should profit from having the phase of the signal; see formula [1]. To get a real-valued signal, since AM is spectrum-symmetrical, you'd not be loosing much when you just use the real part of your complex stream (even better: use the complex clock_recovery_mm_cc).

I do think a reliable stream of alternating 0 and 1 sounds promising. Can you try out different address settings, and compare the bitstreams? I'm absolutely not familiar with the FS20 protocol, so: when you simply look at e.g. a waterfall plat of a signal, do you "see" these 0s and 1s?

Cheers,
Marcus

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2015-07/msg00610.html
[2] http://www2.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/600000-624999/620338-an-01-de-KLINGELTASTER_FS20_TK.pdf