Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT Time Raster in OSX 10.10.4 Not Rastering

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT Time Raster in OSX 10.10.4 Not Rastering
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 10:01:56 -0500

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Paul Garver <address@hidden> wrote:
Tom,

Thanks for the info. I could see a reimplementation as a good project for some CS undergrads here at GT. Is there a particular way the QT time raster should be rewritten (e.g. using particular libraries, QT versions, etc) to be OS X compatible and align with the future direction of QT plots in GR?  Or is the issue more complicated than just a port/reimplementation? I personally find the raster extremely useful for analysis.

PWG

Hi Paul,

If there's any work to be done here, we'd want to keep it just in the QT and QWT family so we don't add on any more dependencies for this. If the raster plot can be fixed under QWT5, then great, we should do that. However, we're trying to move on to support QWT6 only, which will be true for GR 3.8. For OS X, the main impediment is the gr_filter_design tool, which uses PyQWT that forces the use of QWT5. I have an 80% solution to fixing this by adding other support to the filter design tool for QT 4 and QT 5:

https://github.com/trondeau/gnuradio/tree/filter/design_tool_newgui

There needs to be some work on the look and feel of the new backends, though, such as manipulation of the pole-zero plot. If we can get this finished, we can probably drop PyQWT from the macports installation and update the dependency there to QWT6.

Tom