Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FW: Possible LTE signal

From: Andy Walls
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FW: Possible LTE signal
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 13:21:22 -0500

> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:38:21 +0000
> From: Henry Barton
> To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FW:  Possible LTE signal
>
> Could it be some sort of studio-to-transmitter link? There is a
> mysterious tower about a mile away that is registered as SC ETV but
> doesn't transmit a TV signal. Its FCC reg number is 1065080. I suspect
> it's from that tower because the signal is a blowtorch.

Records show that tower was constructed in 1999.

It's not uncommon for people to rent space on their towers to other
companies for others uses.  Just because the tower was originally
registered for ETV, doesn't mean that's all that it does.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/State+Rd+S-6-459,+Blackville,+SC+29817/@33.3658571,-81.2664261,204m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88f91bcfa83093cd:0x7310804457a838e3

Taking a look at the tower, and a neighboring water tower, on Google
maps, there may be a broadcast TV antenna at the very to of the tower.
I see cell antenna arrays.  I do see "microwave" directional link/relay
antennas.  I also see some satellite dishes on the ground.

The top of the water tower looks like it may have some sort of
omnidirectional antenna on top too.

Here are the other FCC registered towers in the area:
http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Blackville-South-Carolina.html#Antenna

> From: johnathan@
> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 23:15:52 -0800
> Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Possible LTE signal
> CC: address@hidden
>
> That looks like two signals, each ~1.25MHz wide.  Maybe old school CMDA2000.

I was thinking that as well.

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Henry Barton wrote:
> Does anyone know what this signal is?
> http://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/One_of_many_signals_near_877_MHz. I
> think it?s LTE but I?m not sure. If it is, I?d like to be able to use
> gr-lte to decode it.

-Andy