Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Use gnu-radio & usrp to make a wireless relay nod

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Use gnu-radio & usrp to make a wireless relay node
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 15:44:50 +0100

That's a very good approach! You should add a second WiFi interface to
your laptop, so that you can see with one interface what you're doing
with the other.

You could look for USB sticks that in this table [1] have both
"cfg80211" and "AP" marked with "yes"; it's probably easiest to find a
USB Wifi adapter with ath9k_htc chipset [2], or the rt2500 or rt2800
chipset (tend to be cheaper); note that these lists are not comprehensive.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] http://linuxwireless.sipsolutions.net/en/users/Drivers/
[2]