[Discuss-gnuradio] Enabling GR_LOG messages

From: Meelis Nõmm
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enabling GR_LOG messages
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 17:52:03 +0200

Hello everyone,

I'm writing a (test python) block for usrp_source frequency retune. Marcus gave a pretty good base line for the solution in [1]. I figured I can use the message passing to solve this, by using the "time" and "tune" commands [2]. However, now I'm stuck. For what ever reasons the usrp_source (or usrp_block) does not react to the command, sent as a pmt.dict.

I looked it up, the usrp_block_impl.cc file has quite a bit of useful GR_LOG logging implemented, but I cant get it to output to the console when running the python top_block. Read the page about Logging in [3]. Modified the "~/.gnuradio/config.conf" and the gnuradio-runtime.conf to the suggested, but no changes.
[LOG]
log_level = debug
debug_level = debug
log_file = stdout
debug_file = stderr

Does one have to change something in the cmake? Also tried to run the cmake with the -DENABLE_GR_LOG=On option, but it gives a Warning that "Manually-specified variables were not used by the project"

All ideas are welcomed,
Meelis

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2015-08/msg00035.html
[2] https://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_uhd.html