Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] create lookup tables

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] create lookup tables
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 15:23:20 -0500

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Andreas Ladanyi <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Marcus,
My first idea is: python has to sample the 256 samples (for one period)  from lookup table in exactly one second. So i think i need a timer which calls the next sample in the lookup table all 3,9 ms.
My first idea above was to produce the sine wave from the lookup table  (which i have generated with the python code line before) with a python script on the command line only for an single experiment for understanding how to do this without gnuradio.

no!
GNU Radio is NOT a system where samples are processed sample-by-sample, with a fixed precise sampling rate. Each block is just asked to process/generate/sink as many samples as possible, and the result is passed on to the next block as fast as possible.
Yes, meanwhile i know this :-)

thanks and regards,
Andy

I'll also point out that the sig_source_X block uses a look up table already. It uses gnuradio/fxpt_nco.h that uses gnuradio/fxpt.h.

Tom