Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help decoding Bell 202

From: En Shih
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help decoding Bell 202
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 08:00:02 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for the reply, Tim.

- The WBFM is a remnant I've never corrected. I now have the audio from
NBFM.
- The baudrate is 1200.

This is the Fourier after Hilbert before QD:
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n57488/13.png>
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n57488/11.png>
and the corresponding time plot:
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n57488/10.png>
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n57488/12.png>
I am unsure if that looks right or not.

Is it so that the signal after QD should look something like this?
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n57488/demod_timedomain.png>
(image taken from
http://www.indigresso.com/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=opentag:radios:demod_timedomain.png)

I have tried your FSK demodulator block, and the initial result looks nice.
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n57488/2015-12-27_23-35-40.png>
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n57488/2015-12-27_23-40-37.png>
<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n57488/2015-12-27_23-38-51.png>
However, I haven't been able to identify the characteristic preamble for
each data packet. Am I using the block correctly, or is there some
tweaking/synchronization that I should do?

Regards,
En Shih