[Discuss-gnuradio] Channel estimation in OFDM examples

From: Jurgis Aleksandravičius
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel estimation in OFDM examples
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:58:56 +0200

Hi,

I am using the OFDM tx/rx example flowgraphs on USRP N210 radios to get complex channel coefficients from tags produced by OFDM Channel Estimation block.

When I record and plot the channel coefficient in time, I can see that its magnitude is constant, but phase is 'rolling' at a frequency of ~100 Hz when center frequency is 2.4 GHz. I guess that is because of differences in clock frequency at transmitter and receiver. I tried using the MIMO cable for clock synchronization - that just made the phase of channel coefficient less noisy, but phase roll was still there. Also, my understanding was that OFDM should correct the frequency offset.
Does anyone have thoughts on what might going on here?

Thanks a lot,
Jurgis